(To reach staff members by e-mail, use the initial of their first names and their full last names followed by @archlou.org).
Public Relations & News Information
Activities designed to keep the Catholic community and the public at large informed and engaged regarding the programs and services of the Archdiocese of Louisville. Includes media relations, various publications and resources used for communicating with Catholics and other specialized audiences, and social media efforts of the Archdiocese.
Cecelia Price, Chief Communications Officer
Gary Hermann, Coordinator of Digital Media
Patti Vance, Secretary
(Cecelia Price, Gary Hermann, and Patti Vance are located at the Pastoral Center, 3940 Poplar Level Road, Louisville, KY 40213-1463 (502) 585-3291; fax (502) 585-2466.)
Published since 1879, this is the Archdiocese of Louisville’s weekly newspaper, which is mailed to all registered Catholic households. The Record staff is located at the Maloney Center, 1200 South Shelby Street, 40203-2600. Phone (502) 471-2125.
Phone: (502) 471-2125
Marnie McAllister, Editor
Glenn Rutherford, Editor Emeritus
Paul Hohman, Production Manager
Jennifer Jenkins, Production and Design Coordinator
Jessica Able, Reporter
Ruby Thomas, Reporter
Phone: (502) 471-2125
Jennifer Jenkins, Director of Advertising
Kathy Estes, Sales Support Manager
Rachell Rauh, Sales and Production Assistant
For advertising inquiries, contact Jennifer Jenkins
Television & Radio Ministries
Produces television/radio programs and spots dealing with people and issues of interest to the local Church and the broader community. This ministry includes management of The Faith Channel, a cable channel that presents religious and values-based programming from the interfaith community to people living in Jefferson and surrounding counties. General E-Mail
- To place a calendar item in The Record bulletin board (the calendar section of the newspaper), please mail, call (502) 471-2125 or email the information to the news department at The Record by 12:00 noon the Monday of the week you wish the information to appear. The Record is published every Thursday and updated online at www.therecordnewspaper.org.
- To suggest news ideas for The Record, please relay information for news stories, features, and photographs, especially those that are time-sensitive, through the avenues listed above as early as possible in advance of the event — at least a week or two.
- To submit a change of address for The Record, please call or email circulation (502) 585-3291 or go here. (Fill out the top portion for a new subscription; scroll to the bottom form to submit a change of address or change other information.) A change of address will be reflected in your newspaper subscription within two weeks.
- To place a paid display or classified ad in The Record please e-mail Jennifer Jenkins or call (502) 471-2125. Deadlines are as follows:
ROP Display Ads: Reserve ad by 2:00 p.m. on the Thursday prior to the requested publication week. If you require design assistance, images and supporting content must be submitted by Friday at 10 a.m. All print ready, high resolution artwork must be submitted by Monday at 4:00 p.m. the week of publication.
Classified Display Ads: New reservations must be made by 2 p.m. on the Thursday prior to the requested publication week. Renewals must be confirmed on Monday by 10 a.m. If you require design assistance, supporting content and images must be submitted on Friday by 10 a.m. All print ready, high resolution electronic art files should be submitted by Monday at 4:00 p.m. the week of publication.
Line Classified Ads: Space must be reserved by 10:00 a.m. on Monday of the requested publication week.
- To obtain assistance with communication, social media, or public relations initiatives, e-mail Cecelia Price or call (502)585-3291, ext. 1103.
- To obtain assistance with media issues or to submit stories you would like shared with the secular media, call Cecelia Price at (502)585-3291, ext. 1103.
- For a complete listing of parishes, schools and agencies within the Archdiocese, see www.archlou.org/directory.
To order the following documentaries or video productions via telephone or e-mail, contact Rachell Rauh at (502) 471-2125. To order online, please use the form below.
- Accessible Construction – A video that helps those planning new construction or renovation to take seriously the challenge to fully integrate current laws, codes and ordinances for persons with disabilities. This resource will help you as you strive to make your worship space and parish plant fully accessible for all of God’s people. Building committees, architects, construction workers and parish physical plant planning committees will benefit from this video, which is accompanied by a handbook. Cost: $19.95 plus shipping and handling; handbook only: $5.00 plus shipping and handling.
- All Are Welcome – A video that complements the handbook as a tool for self-evaluation of your parish’s welcoming resources. It is an excellent resource for use with parish staff and committees. Cost: $19.95 plus shipping and handling.
- Christian Hospitality – Revised 2013. This handbook provides a theological basis for hospitality, a look at liturgical hospitality, tips for welcoming all people, and a sampling of models and programs in use across the United States. Parishes will be able to evaluate their hospitality ministry and find suggestions for improvement. Cost: $10 each plus shipping and handling. Quantity discounts available.
- Documentaries – Award-winning documentaries are available for use in your home, parish or school. Call (502) 471-2125, to order. Cost $21.15 each plus shipping and handling. These include:
Archbishop Thomas C. Kelly: A Lifetime of Service
Community Ministries: Faith in Action
A History of African American Catholics, Parts I and II
The Holy Lands of Kentucky
Reflections of Faith: Stained Glass in the Archdiocese
Ron Mazzoli: The People’s Congressman
Stepping Stones: From Welfare to Work