On Saturday, April 6, 2019, hundreds of Catholic men will gather at Saint Michael’s Church (3705 Stone Lakes Drive) for the Catholic Men’s Conference. The event begins at 8:15 a.m. and extends until 1:00 p.m. (The doors will open at 6:00 a.m. for breakfast.)
Keynote speakers include Archbishop Joseph Kurtz and Steve Angrisano, who will address the theme, “Allowing Jesus to Find Me!” From Coppell, Texas, Steve Angrisano shares a passionate message of faith, hope and love woven throughout his music and storytelling. A veteran musician and composer, Steve has been featured at six World Youth Days, the National Pastoral Musicians Conference (NPM), the Los Angeles Religious Education Congress, National Catholic Youth Conferences (NCYC) and many other national and international events.
The schedule of events includes the following:
- 8:15 a.m. Welcome and gathering in church at 8:15 am.
- 8:30 a.m. Steve Angrisano’s keynote.
- 9:45 a.m. Panel discussion with Father Peter Bucalo, a former radio host and Deacon Patrick Harris, a former atheist, about their journey of faith. The Sacrament of Reconciliation also will be offered.
- 11:00 a.m. Archbishop Joseph E. Kurtz’s keynote.
- Noon: Closing Mass.
- Free pizza by Little Caesar’s will be provided in the parish community center after Mass.
The cost for walk-ins on the day of the event is $40 for adults and $25 for students.
For more information, see www.archlou.org/mensconference. Media wishing to cover the event should be in touch with Michael Schmitt at (502) 648-4370.