(Each session lasts about 2 hours.)
||St. Margaret Mary
||7813 Shelbyville Road
Louisville, KY 40222
||5503 Bardstown Road
Louisville, KY 40291
||St. Andrew Academy
||7724 Columbine Drive
Louisville, KY 40258
||St. Joseph School (Bardstown)
||320 W Stephen Foster Ave
Bardstown, KY 40004
||St. Paul School
||6901 Dixie Hwy
Louisville, KY 40258
The Archdiocese of Louisville is committed to ensuring that children and youth who worship, study or participate in church-sponsored activities can do so in the safest and most secure setting possible. In an effort to fulfill this commitment, all employees or volunteers who have contact with children or youth (18 and under) for ANY length of time are required to participate in one of the 2-hour Safe Environment Training Workshops.
The Safe Environment Program will cover the following topics:
- Identifying signs of child sexual abuse
- Understanding the dynamics of child sexual abuse, including how children are groomed and how they may attempt to reveal their experience
- How to take action in response to child sexual abuse, including obligation to report and caring for the abused child
- Becoming familiar with new archdiocesan policies and Code of Conduct regarding work with children
Participants will receive a copy of the new Sexual Abuse Policies and a resource manual. No registration is necessary. Sign-in sheets will be available at the workshops.
- Children under the age of 16 should never attend the Safe Environment Training Program
(nor should anyone under the age of 18 be considered an adult or placed in unsupervised environments requiring the adult supervision of minors). Any person 18 or older who is in a supervisory role with children MUST have a criminal background check.
- It is advisable to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the workshop start time listed for all locations in order to complete paperwork.
- Attendees must remain present for the entire workshop. Leaving early will result in having to attend the Safe Environment workshop again, in full.
- All registrants must attend, stay for the ENTIRE 2-hour presentation, and complete completion paperwork. Failure to do so will result in having to re-complete the course in the correct manner.