||The Technology Administrator is responsible for implementation and maintenance of all technology resources for St. Athanasius School as directed by the Principal and/or the Parish Manager. This position is a non-teaching position. Major responsibilities are listed below.
- Participate in preparation of technology plans, annual technology budgets, grant applications, and future technology developments.
- Advise on appropriate technology acquisitions to improve the school operations.
- Install new technologies (e.g. software, hardware and other technologies).
- Coordinate upgrades of hardware, software, network systems and procedures.
- Manage Group Policy, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File Sharing & Updates for Windows Servers
- Manage Google Apps Administration
- Manage wireless network.
- Conduct preventive maintenance of current technologies, troubleshoot technology problems, assess and repair existing equipment and recommend replacement when necessary.
- Troubleshoot Windows PCs, Chromebooks, iPads, and other connected devices.
- Troubleshoot hardware issues on multiple devices including Chromebooks, laptops and desktops.
- Knowledge to reimage Windows workstations.
- Knowledge of using Meraki for iPad mobile device management.
- Knowledge of audio visual setups including projectors.
- Security camera knowledge.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Act as a “help desk” for faculty/staff, troubleshooting emergency-type technology problems.
- Maintain user documentation, create and monitor user accounts, passwords, and user profiles.
- Manage and maintain network equipment (switches, access points, wiring, UPS’s, etc.).
- Troubleshooting/installing network cable and infrastructure.
- Purchase all hardware and software for campus-wide use.
- Assist with training for new programs and new technologies.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software, licenses and other resources.
- Maintain and troubleshoot shared printers.
- Perform regular backups.
- Manage VMWare ESXI and ensuring successful backup of servers using VEEAM.
- Approve and process all hardware, software, and support invoices.
- Assist administration with development and implementation of school policies for computer system and devices.
- Work with the parish staff in supporting their IT issues.
||Certification/degree in the computer/IT field or similar experience.
Some experience in a support capacity, especially at the workstation level. St. Athanasius School is a Windows environment supporting approximately 200 laptops/desktops/ Chromebooks. Currently, we have twenty wireless access points and have a technology plan that will build upon that number. Candidate for this position must work well with others, problem solve/troubleshoot what may go beyond their level of expertise, be self-motivated with good work ethic, and enjoy working in an elementary environment.