3940 Poplar Level Rd
Louisville, KY 40213
The Parish Leadership Specialization will equip parish ministers with skills for leadership in a local faith community.
Those who are already engaged in parish ministry as Pastoral Associates, Pastors, Youth Ministers, Associate Pastors, Business Managers, Directors of Religious Education, Worship Directors, or related professional ministry field.
Participants in this specialization are required to have:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in parish ministry
- Formal education in one of the following:
- A master’s degree in pastoral ministry, religious education, religious studies, or a related field.
- A bachelor’s degree plus an additional certificate in ministry or completion of a comprehensive, established formation program (e.g. Diaconate program, Ministry Formation Program, ALMI Discipleship Specialization.)
Completion of Sections I & II below
- Curriculum Specific to Parish Leadership (6 two-day courses held from 9am -4pm)
PL 201 Leadership for Parish Ministry, Sal Della Bella 9/12 & 9/13
PL 202 Canon Law and Civil Law, Kevin Ford & Bro. Nick Wolfa 10/10 & 10/11
PL 203 Human Resource Management, Dr. Carol Fowler 11/14 & 11/15
PL 204 Stewardship & Financial Management, Dr. Brian Reynolds 12/5 & 12/6
PL 205 Leadership with Diverse Populations, (Multiple) 1/9 & 1/10, 2019
PL 206 Spirituality for Parish Leaders, Dr. Ann Garrido 2/6 & 2/7, 2019
II. Reflective Practice
PL 207 Introduction to Reflective Practice for Ministry 3/7, 2019
A two-hour intro followed by six-structured small group weekly 90 minute meetings, facilitated by a trained Reflective Practitioner, where participants will extract learnings from their actual ministry experiences.
$120 for meals only with tuition provided by the National Initiative to Address Economic Challenges Facing Pastoral Leaders
Attention to Linda McLemore – Archdiocesan Pastoral Center – 3940 Poplar Level Road Louisville, KY – 40213 or email@example.com – by 8/17/18
For questions, contact Sal Della Bella at (502)585-3291 ext. 1114 or firstname.lastname@example.org