501 Cherrywood Rd., Louisville, Ky. 40207-2103
Phone: (502) 897-5207
FAX: (502) 897-0962
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Email for all staff follows
first initial last email@example.com syntax.)
Web site: www.htparish.org
Pastor: Very Rev. J. Mark Spalding, JCL
Associate: Rev. Christopher B. Lubecke
Permanent Deacons: Jeremiah S. Babin, J. Andrew Heinsohn, Walton G. Jones
Sundays — Sat evening: 5 p.m.; Sun: 8:30 a.m., 11 a.m., 6:30 p.m.
Holy Days — See bulletin
Daily — Mon, Wed, Fri: 8:15 a.m.; Tue, Thu: 5 p.m.
Saturdays — 4 p.m.
First Fridays — 8:45 a.m.–5 p.m.
In 1882 Bishop William G. McCloskey secured a plot on the Shelbyville Pike, and the new church, costing $7,500, was dedicated on December 17 of that year. Father Louis C. Ohle was appointed the first pastor. By 1885, a school run by the Ursuline sisters was established, and in 1898, a small schoolhouse was built.
By 1913, with 165 families in the parish, the parish purchased additional land and for $42,000, erected a new building serving as church, school and convent. This structure was dedicated on December 15, 1915. Through the years, a rectory, new convent and gym were built for the parish’s growing population, and in 1936 the church/school complex was expanded with an addition to the rear of the building. When a fire destroyed the church and school in 1937, it was rebuilt by 1938.
In 1953, Holy Trinity donated its property on Shelbyville Road to the Archdiocese for the establishment of a Catholic high school for boys—now Trinity High School—and a new church, convent, rectory and school were constructed on Cherrywood Road, the parish’s present location. The current triangular church, which seated 850, was built in 1969. The parish added a large gathering space in 1993, and a long-range plan in 2003 provided for further renovation and expansion.
The common thread running through the history of Holy Trinity is its continuous growth and diversity. In the course of its 132-year history, the parish has given birth to seven daughter parishes. Parish population has risen from 165 families to 1,400 families (4,730 parishioners) today. The parish offers more than 85 committees and organizations. Acknowledging its blessings of abundant time, talent and treasure, Holy Trinity Parish’s unique mission is to demonstrate how best to share its gifts with those within and beyond the parish community.